Deborah Doyle, San Francisco
To be announced.
Timeline & Rules
- Only HDCAM videos, BETA SP videos, and DVD’s can be screened.
- Maximum running time in all formats is 30 minutes.
- The preview format must be online QT file or DVD.
- Films & videos must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
ONLINE QT FILE OR DVD PREVIEW COPY, STAMPED & SELF ADDRESSED
RETURN MAILING ENVELOPE & ENTRY FORM DUE:
Early Deadline: Friday, February 26, 5 pm, Fair Office
Late Deadline: Friday, March 18, 5 pm, Fair Office
Address: Marin County Fair - 10 Avenue of the Flags - San Rafael, CA 94903
Entry Fee: None
Non-Selected Entries Returned: By the end of April
Winners Must Provide HDCAM Video 29.97 fps, Beta Sp Video, or
DVD No Later Than: Friday, April 15, 5 pm
Return of Accepted Entries: Shipped by Friday, July 22
1. Eligibility: Open to students and independent filmmakers 19 years of age and
older. (Juniors 9 through 18 should enter the Junior Video Competition. Visit
www.marinfair.org for information.) Films and videos commercially subsidized are not
eligible. Entries must have been completed after January 1, 2014. Films and videos
entered in previous years may not be resubmitted.
2. Preview Format: For preview purposes, all entrants must submit only Online QT
File or DVD copies of their videos. If your entry is selected, a HDCAM Video 29.97 fps or
Beta SP video or DVD must arrive no later than Friday, April 15. Only entries
submitted with stamped and self-addressed padded envelopes will be returned
3. Accepted Entry Format: HDCAM Video 29.97 fps, Beta SP (NTSC), or
DVD only. Maximum running time for all formats is 30 minutes.
4. Copyright Laws: All music and other copyright material used in films and videos
must be original or be used by permission of author or publisher.
5. Promotion: Publicity materials and photos should be included with entries.
6. Public Screening: Winning entries are presented over several days to a
large and diverse audience comprised of all ages, often including young children.
Films that are considered offensive or unsuitable for children will not be accepted
7. Shipping of Entries: Every precaution will be taken in the handling and
exhibiting of film/video; however, the Fair will not be responsible for loss or
damage to entries while in its custody. HDCAM and Beta SP video cassettes and DVDs must be shipped in standard case and packaged with care – do
not use fiberfill envelopes to mail video tapes.
8. International Entries: All foreign language films must be submitted
with English subtitles.
9. Return: Persons other than the filmmaker who wish to pick up entries must
have a signed letter of authorization from the maker and notify festival
coordinator before pick up.
Note: It is essential for each entrant to provide an address at which the
returned film can be received during normal working hours. Substitute or
vacation addresses must be provided in the event an entrant is away from
her or his permanent address. If a film/video is returned to the Fair Office, it
will be held until a correct address and cost of return mail are received.
Division 65 Short Film & Video
At the Jurors’ discretion, $1,500 in Cash Prizes &
Ribbons will be awarded among the six categories.
Also, Jury Awards Honorable Mention Awards
2015 Award Winners
Best Children/Family : Night Guardian - Brian Ott, United Kingdom
Best Animation : Don Miguel - Kote Camacho, Spain
Best Documentary/Animation : Last Flight of Hubert Le Blon Koldo - Almandoz & Samuel Quiles Palop, Spain
Best Narrative : Listen - Hamy Ramezan Gorgiri & Rungano Nyoni, Danish/Arabic
Best Documentary : Born to be Mild - Andy Oxley, United Kingdom
Honorable Mention Narrative : La Red - Samuel Quiles Palop, Spain
Honorable Mention Narrative : Lithium - Rodrigo Canet Criado, Spain
Special Jury Award Animation : Forming - Matt Abbiss, United Kingdom